Being an Role Playing Game (RPG) geek and player I would like to go through some of the things that can prove that I am a true gamer. Even if I am a girl.
- You get excited to seem game paraphernalia
- Your dice have ‘gotten mad at you’ when you start to have bad rolls
- Playing in character can start to affect your day to day interactions with people (Rogues act more cunning in business deals, etc.)
- There are different dice for different games, not just the game they came with.
- You keep dice on you at all times just so that they will give you good rolls during your weekly game.
- Start to think about bringing food to game rather than taking the customary food break because you don’t want to stop in the middle.
- Set up dates inside a larger MMO with friends so that you always have a raiding party
- Think about DM-ing just so you can attempt a total party kill where rock really do fall and everyone dies.
- You think about game in terms of a whole day instead of an hour.
- Explaining the length of time combat takes to a loved one is exceedingly hard and usually ends with, “You just need to play the game” or “you had to be there”
- You have watched any Dead Gentleman Productions movies
- Have referred to an absentee gamer as “Mark”
- Have distinct opinions about Min/Max-ing
- Have actually thought about bringing cookies for the DM/GM to get better luck/prizes that day.
- Friendships have been created and destroyed by character decisions
- You have switched dice in the middle of a game because “those dice hate me.”
If you have more to add to the list I would love to hear them.